Перейти к контенту
          Каталог товаров

MMCFlash MH7201 VR4 Legnum

pbaron

I have purchased a copy of MMCFlash for MH7201/2/3 ECU with the hope to use with MH7201 ecu in a 1996 Legnum VR4. When connecting to and trying to read from this ecu always get error message Incorrect ECU. Is it possible for MMCFlash to work with this ecu model? Thanks.

Tried to install MMCFlasher065 but get virus warning from Mcafee, when try on another machine no warning from Microsoft Security Essentials but get following error about missing sense4.dll?

mmcflasherror.jpg

This is on a Windows 7 x64 installation.

Just tried to install on a Windows XP install and get the same sense4.dll error.

Two things, the first if the processor was read as 7202 it was identified so.

Reading ROM OK - means that Dump in the processor it is completely identical readed Dump. It is checked on CRC16.

Show photo CPU.

The cpu I am trying to read is a metal case MH7201F that is still in the vehicle, the 7202 cpu was one of several spares I have that I connected to my test harness and bench psu, the 7202 read ok using the OpenPort 2.0 cable, the 7201 will not read and generates the errors shown.

I only included the 7202 output so you can confirm my cabling and license is correct for operation.

I will remove the cpu from the car tonight and take picture for you.

Two things, the first if the processor was read as 7202 it was identified so.

Reading ROM OK - means that Dump in the processor it is completely identical readed Dump. It is checked on CRC16.

Show photo CPU.

Such ECU to me didn't come across, it works for you with external flash memory 28Fxxx.

You can use almost any programmer, but it is necessary resold flash memory 28Fxxx. Or to send to me ECU, I will add it for you.

post-5-1311850821,88_thumb.jpg

Current club members have solution requiring desolder flash chip, update and replace with socket, I was hoping for a flash operation like with 7202.

I understand that this ecu does not have any boot loader code in the rom making the flash with OpenPort cable difficult.

If you think it possible I can send to you the ecu, email me your address and I will get it on it's way.

Cheers

Pierre

• 2 weeks later...

That is correct, we have a copy of the EM0005 code read from 28F102 after removal from ECU. Want functionality to use MMCFlash to read and write via K line if possilbe.

How did you get copy of code?

MD340289 MH7201F and 28F102 - sw EM0005

• 3 weeks later...